A medium sized law firm in Nairobi seeking to employ an advocate to join our Conveyancing/Commercial Department.
The ideal candidate must:
· Be a holder of a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree.
· Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
· Have not less than 2 years post admission experience in a law firm
· preferably working in a Conveyance/Commercial Department.
· Have a current practicing certificate .
· Have an in depth understanding of Conveyancing/ Commercial laws and practice.
· Be of high integrity.
· Be computer literate.
· Have excellent communication, presentation, research, analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Be able to work well with others as a team player.
· Be proactive and self-motivated.
· Be able to handle pressure and meet work deadlines with minimum or no supervision.
Centum is seeking to recruit an energetic and ambitious individual who will support them in the development and growth of investment grade opportunities through provision of sound corporate & commercial legal advisory, compliance/regulatory affairs, stakeholder management services and assistance in management of company secretarial matters for the Group.
The individual will report to the Chief Legal Advisor & Group Company Secretary: who leads the Legal advisory service line within CBS.
1. Legal Advisory Services
Offer sound transactional legal advice on the structuring, due diligence and legal documentation for Centum and its subsidiaries
2. Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
Monitor any changes to laws and regulations, and ensure that the Centum Group meets and exceeds all the legal and regulatory compliance obligations at the corporate, subsidiary and project levels, in the various jurisdictions of operation.
3. Company Secretarial Services
Support in the provision of Company Secretarial Services to the Group
Support the Head of legal, and develop and lead a team of young competent legal professions to deliver world class legal services.
1. An Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, with a valid Practicing Certificate
2. Minimum of 4 years’ experience in corporate and commercial law.
3. A Certified Public Secretary (CPS K), member of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) with a current valid Practicing Certificate
4. Financial qualifications such as CPA, ACCA, CFA will be an added advantage
The successful job holder shall be:
1. An excellent communicator with the ability to articulate issues to a diverse audience
2. An emotionally intelligent individual with the ability to cultivate and manage relationships with diverse groups of individuals and institutions
3. Commercially aware with a sound grasp of legal and regulatory environment across the region.
4. An effective and ethical leader with a track record of leading successful teams.
5. A ‘no excuses’ executor with a track record of successful simultaneous delivery of multiple projects