Vacancy: Associate CFL Advocates
CFL Advocates, a medium-sized law firm is looking to hire an Associate for its Commercial Law Department.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have a minimum grade of 2nd Class Honors, Upper Division, Bachelor of Laws from a recognized university;
- Have one to two years post-admission work experience.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills;
- Possess excellent organizational skills, as well as research, analysis and presentation skills;
- Be solution-oriented, self driven and able to work with minimum supervision.
- State expected gross salary and include a curriculum vitae and copies of educational certificates in cover correspondence.
Applications should be mailed to
to be received by close of business 21st May 2014.
Vacancy: Litigation Advocate
A well established and busy medium sized law firm based in Eldoret requires the services of a Litigation Advocate in its Nakuru and Eldoret branches who should meet the following requirements;
- be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya
- possess a minimum two (2) years post admission experience in litigation
- hold a current practising certificate
- possess good communication, presentation, research and analytical skills
- be hands-on in interpretation and application of legal texts, statutes, rules and regulations
- have excellent interpersonal skills
- be able to work as a team and be result oriented
- have ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work with minimum or no supervision
- be computer literate
- be able to travel frequently for out of station matters
Individuals who meet the above requirements should send their applications to the email below along with a detailed Curriculum vitae, testimonials and copies of their academic documents to reach us at
on/or before 20th May, 2014
Vacancy for Litigation Advocate
A well established and busy medium sized law firm in Mombasa requires the services of a Litigation Advocate who must meet the following qualifications:-
- A good academic record with a minimum upper 2nd class honours LLB degree from
a recognized university;
- Holds a current Practising Certificate and is in good standing with the Law Society of Kenya;
- At least three years’ post-qualification experience in a respectable city law firm;
- Has been at the cutting edge of litigation in the last two to four years and has in the process been exposed to commercial and civil litigation, constitutional, judicial review, land and labour matters. Exposure to arbitration/ADR would be an added advantage;
- Computer literate;
- A highly motivated performer with a results oriented approach, capable of working well under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Be of high integrity;
- An adept pleader capable of preparing, handling and managing cases to their conclusion;
- Good and effective communication, presentation and analytical skills;
- A team player, with demonstrated organizational and inter-personal skills.
A competitive remuneration package, excellent career development and partnership opportunities will be available to the successful candidate. Interested candidates should submit applications via email (which must include detailed CVs, copies of Degree and other qualifications, and names and contacts of three referees) to:
Young advocate urgently required to be based in Kiambu County. Send CV & testimonials to
or call 020-8150285
Regional Legal Officer
Bollore Africa Logistics (previously known as SDV Transami), a member of the French based Bollore Group of Companies, being a leading player in transportation, freight forwarding, warehousing, customs clearance and shipping agent, and specialising in the provision of general logistical services worldwide with a strong presence in Africa, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position at its busy regional headquarters based in Nairobi:
Regional Legal Officer (based in Nairobi)
This position requires the ability to work quickly and under pressure, with proficiency in drafting contracts, reviewing leases, conducting legal research and the preparation of legal opinions, with ability to monitor and advise on litigation matters and manage the same, together with company secretarial functions.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications and experience :
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a minimum of 8 years’ post qualification experience holding a current Practicing Certificate.
- At least a Bachelor of Laws degree (LL.B) from a recognized University.
- A qualified, certified and experienced Public Secretary (CPS) with a minimum least 5 years or more experience.
- Conveyancing, Commercial and Litigation experience.(Insurance experience an added advantage).
- Experience in Employment Law matters.
- Capable of reviewing and drafting a variety of contracts and agreements, as well as the ability to prepare basic pleadings and to handle basic court applications, and liaising with external counsel
Applications should be emailed to
to be received by 31st May, 2014 with a copy of your Curriculum Vitae, copies of all testimonials/certificates, and the names of least 2 Referees.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- A team player - able to work with our various lawyers, managers, MD’s in the region and staff members at our regional offices.
- Able to work under pressure, and self-management to meet strict deadlines.
- Willing to learn and adjust and adjust to the requirements and demands of the company.
- Ablility to manage and supervise others.
- Capable of dealing with the police and other governmental bodies and departments.
- Able to monitor ongoing cases in the region and to advise on the same with a view to minimizing legal risk.
- Must be capable of travelling to our various offices for board meetings, to monitor cases and for supervisory purposes where required.